SEP 13- 26, 2014
(13 nights 14 days)
Creating her favorites, Mother Nature touches them up with particular thorough and vests absolute power in them. Land of Mongolia and Lake Baikal are undoubtedly fall in this category. Join us on this journey to lesser known lands on this planet. Beware, this is only for true travel enthusiasts and adventure seekers.
This land of the legend of Genghis Khan, Mongolia is a large landlocked country with 45% of its population living in its capital. For a long period, it had a closed economy and was pretty much cut off from the world. Mongolia has seen much upheaval in last millennium with the rule of the great khans to Qing dynasty to Buddhist and Soviet influences. Today’s Mongolia represents only part of the Mongols' historical homeland; more ethnic Mongolians live in the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region in the People's Republic of China than in Mongolia. The land is sparsely populated region with hot summer and cold winters. The northern part of Mongolia is mainly Steppes and southern part is mainly Desert. Economic activity in Mongolia was traditionally based on herding and agriculture - Mongolia's extensive mineral deposits, however, have attracted foreign investors, and the country is undergoing an economic transformation through its mining boom.
- Day 1: Delhi- Beijing- Ulaanbaatar
Report at the airport at 0030 hrs for flight to Ulaanbaatar.
CA 0315 DEL-PEK0315-1225 HRS
CA 955 PEK-ULN 1510-1730 HRS
Reach Ulaanbaatar late in the evening. Clear customs and drive to the hotel. Night stay in Ulaanbaatar.
- Day 2: Arrive in Ulaanbaatar and city tour- 50 kms Take a city tour to Gandan Monastery where you will see huge gold plated Buddha, a symbol of Mongolian national pride and cultural revival and visit National Museum of Mongolian History, where you will see artifacts from Mongolia and Central Asia from the Stone Age to the present. Excursion to Zaisan Hill War Memorial to get your bearings with a panoramic view of the whole city. (B+L)
- Day 3: Fly to South Gobi (1H30)-100 km Early in the morning, we will catch a flight to Dalanzadgad city, the capital of Umnugobi province. Our trip will start with a drive to Gobi 3 Saikhan and Yoliin am.Hiking in the mountain 1H. also called The Eagle valley) – a wonderfully picturesque place with ice even in summers, and surrounded by sheer rocky walls, forming incredible canyons. These areas are situated in the Gobi Gurvan Saikhan National Park that encompasses the "Three Beauties" peaks and the most easterly points of the Altai Mountains.
- Day 4: Khongor sand dunes – 200 kms/ 4 hrs After breakfast, drive to Khongor sand dunes. These are Mongolia's largest sand dunes, reaching a height of 300 meters in some areas. The sand dunes change color with each hour of the day, from yellow to silver to rose-color at (sunrise or sunset). On the way, see Dungene valley – a wonderfully picturesque place and surrounded by sheer rocky walls, forming incredible canyons. Enjoy a short hike and photograph the charming landscape and wildlife. Today you will be riding on Bactrian camel (two humped camels) to explore the Khongor sand dunes area. Our camel guide will lead you safely through the sand dunes. Plus, you will have an opportunity to visit a camel herdsman family to experience their lifestyle, culture and traditions.Overnight in tourist camp. (B+L+D)
- Day 5: Bayanzag – 180 kms/ 4 hrs After breakfast, drive to Bayanzag. (B+L+D)
- Day 6: Ongi Temple Ruins- 180 kms/ 3-4 hrs After breakfast, we will drive to Ongi Temple ruins which had about thousand lamas. It is a ruin of big monastery Bari Yonzon Hamba on the bank of a river. On the way, we will enjoy the vast steppe of the country. Participate in traditional games and Overnight in the tourist camp. (B+L+D)
- Day 7: Karakorum and Erden-Zuu- 240 kms/6-7 hrs After breakfast, continue driving to Karakorum, the symbolic ruins of the 13th century capital of the Mongol Empire. On the way, we will enjoy beautifully changing landscape from semi desert Gobi into forest steppe. Visit Erdene-Zuu, the oldest monastery, with 108 stupas, built in 1586. Then visit Karakorum museum and see the Great Mongol state period, Stone Age, Bronze Age, Ancient state period halls. Overnight in tourist camp. (B+L+D)
- Day 8: White lake 300 km (6-7hrs) After breakfast, we will drive to Khorgo volcan and White lake. Khorgo crater was created by the eruption of Khorgo volcano. There are trees and other vegetation growing around the crater, and at the top of the crater, you will be able to see the surrounding area.
- Day 9: Zuun nuur Drive to Khuvsgul province via Khangai mountains. Enjoy valleys and mountainous areas. Overnight in tourist camp. (B+L+D)
- Day 10: Huvsgul National park via Murun 250 km (5-6hrs) Drive to the capital of the Huvsgul province, Murun. The flight takes one and a half hours, and on arrival at the airstrip in the Murun a local driver, who will take you to Huvsgul lake National Park, will meet you. Overnight in tourist camp. (B+L+D)
- Day 11: Take a boat tour local reindeer photo Today we take a boat tour and local reindeer photo in the deep taiga forest. You have a chance to ride on the back of the reindeer for taking your memorable picture. Overnight in tourist camp. (B + L + D)
- Day 12: Trekking and horseback riding The days you have opportunity to trek and ride to the lakeside & mountain for exploring, taking pictures, enjoy wildlife, flora & fauna of Huvsgul lake area. Overnight in tourist camp. (B + L + D)
- Day 13: Drive to Murun and return Ulaanbaatar (100km 2hrs) Up early you will be driven back to Murun for your return flight to Ulaanbaatar. (B)
- Day 14: Fly back
Transfer to the airport to take the flight back. B
CA902 26SEP ULN-PEK 1150- 1400 HRS
CA 947 26SEP PEK-DEL 2100- 0150 HRS
COST PER PERSON: USD 2900 PER PERSON
AIRFARE: INR 60000 PER PERSON CURRENTLY
Please note all costs are based on current rates of exchange of Rubles and dollars. It is doubtful that this will change adversely but cannot be guaranteed hence, the cost is liable to a bit of change in case of change in exchange rate.
Services to be included in the price:
• 3 nights overnight in Guide hotel in Ulaanbaatar.
• Domestic flight as per itinerary.
• 11 nights in Tourist camp in countryside.
• Car and Driver's Service.
• Horse riding.
• Boat in Lake.
• Camel riding in Gobi.
• Meals as per itinerary.
• All Museum and entry tax.
• Visa charges for Mongolia.
• Service tax as levied by Govt. of India
Services not included in the price:
• Evening tea on any day is not included.
• International airfare.
• Travel insurance. You are recommended to get travel insurance coverage from their local insurance companies before traveling.
• Personal expenses such as laundry, beverages, alcoholic drinks, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.