Diverse cultures have developed in the Himalayas over the last few centuries. Some of the regions, that remained cut off from the rest of the world for historical reasons, have retained their unique character. To the West of the Himalayas, Ladakh is one such region. It is a land like no other. Bounded by two of the world’s mightiest mountain ranges, the Great Himalaya and the Karakoram, Ladakh lies athwart two others, the Ladakh range and the Zanskar range, and covers almost 1, 00,000 sq. kms, or a little more than twice the size of Switzerland! The greater Himalayas shelter Ladakh from the Indian monsoon. Ladakh was once covered by an extensive lake system, the vestiges of which still exist on its south-east plateau of Rupshu and Chunshul in drainage basins with evocative names like Tso Moriri, Tso Kar and grandest of all, Pangang Tso. With Tibet and Xinjiang regions of China to the East and North West, and Pakistan to the West, Ladakh occupies a key strategic position. One can explore the high altitude cold desert of Ladakh through Jeep Safaris and treks.
(7 nights 8 days)
- Day 1: Arrive Leh Airport-Uleytokpo | 65kms |1.5hrs Arrive at the Leh airport our company representative will greet you and help you in getting transferred to your pre-booked hotel relax and take a short walk around the area to acclimatize yourself. Stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 2: In Uleytokpo Post breakfast start your drive to visit beautiful moonscapes. Reach Lamayuru, enjoy the moon escape terrain and have tea at a quaint cafeteria beside the Gompa. Spend some time there and be back to hotel for hot lunch. Later visit one of the oldest Alchi Monastery and magnificent Likir Monastery. Return back to hotel for overnight stay.
- Day 3: Uleytokpo– Nubra Valley at Deskit |180kms / 6hrs) After early breakfast at hotel proceed to Hunder. On the way visit Nimmu (confluence point of Indus & Zanskar River) , Patthar Sahib Gurudwara , Magnetic point and Hall of Fame. Proceed for a stunning drive over the mighty Khardung La (5602 M) into the verdant Nubra Valley. Reach Deskit and check into your hotel rooms and have hot lunch. Post lunch drive 10 minutes to reach Hunder. Enjoy a ride on the Double Humped Camels. Be back at Deskit in the evening to visit huge outdoor statue of the Sakhyamuni Buddha near Deskit Gompa to enjoy great sunset views. Stay overnight in the hotel.
- Day 4: Excursion to Turtuk (Avg. Alt. s 3048 M) 95 km / 3 hrs) After breakfast at hotel go for an excursion to Turtuk Village. Reach the verdant & vibrant Turtuk village at the north western end of the valley. Spend some quality time walking in & around the villages, interacting with the warm & hospitable locals. The cherubic kids are especially adorable. Have your packed lunch. Later return back to Deskit for overnight stay.
- Day 5: Deskit-Pangong Tso (4260 M / 14000 ft) |175kms / 5-6 hr Leave after a leisurely breakfast on an incredible drive from Leh on the road to Manali past Shey & Thiksey. At Karu we take a detour and start ascending to cross the Ladakh range over Chang-La (5,475 M / 17950 ft). At the foot of the pass on the other side we reach Tangse. Stop to enjoy your lunch in the Ladakhi style dining area of a local home-cum- guest house. Later carry on your drive and reach Pangong by early evening. Check into a Safari Tents bang on the lake shore at a campsite. Enjoy spectacular views of the mountains of the Changchenmo range to the north, their reflection shimmering in the ever changing blues and greens of the lakes brackish water. Stay overnight at the tent.
- Day 6: Pangong Tso– Hemis- Leh 165kms 5-6hrs Enjoy your early morning cuppa & a spectacular sunrise by the lake shore. On the drive back to Leh, take a detour at Karu to see the glorious Hemis Gompa atop a hill in the periphery of the Hemis National Park. Reach Leh by late afternoon. Rest a while and leave for the bazaar to shop for Thangkas, Chunky antique Silver Jewelry with Turquoise embellishments, mementos, Apricots & apricot based beauty products. Spend sunset at Shanti Stupa for unforgettable views of Leh Valley & town Return back to your hotel for the overnight stay.
- Day 7: Leh Sightseeing Post leisure breakfast at hotel enjoy sightseeing of Leh including Thiksey and Shey Monastery. Drive to Stok Village and enjoy a traditional Ladakhi meal in a village home, later see Stok Palace & Museum. Post lunch enjoy rest of the day in Leh seeing the palace and bazaar. Bid your aides as you enjoy a farewell dinner at one of the best restaurant in Leh. Stay overnight at the hotel.
- Day 8: Leh—Airport drop After breakfast at the hotel, get transferred to the Leh airport to board a flight for your onward journey. Tour ends here with lots of everlasting memories of Leh.