(7 nights 8 days)
True to its name, the journey will take you into some of the most beautiful places most of us have only heard but never seen. Let Banjara lead you into the time zone untouched by man and time. Drive up to the beautiful home of the apple country, Thanedar, where apple was first introduced in the country by a social worker Mr. Stokes whose orchard can still be viewed from the Banjara Orchard Retreat. Pamper yourself with some of the best dining and living and an extremely hospitable host.
From here, your journey into the unknown moves into one of the most beautiful valleys in the country and probably the world. Find our camp at Sangla surrounded by snow-clad peaks and beside the gurgling Baspa river. Take a walk along the river or visit the quaint little Batseri village across the banks, which boasts of a beautiful Devta temple made of wood. Drive to Kalpa famous for its apple and chilgoza plantations, which are found only in Iran and Turkey besides here. See the Kinner Kailash in all its majesty best viewed from Kalpa.
Driving backstay in Chail, which owes its existence to Maharaja of Patiala who wanted to look down at Shimla. This is where your journey begins.
- Day 1: Delhi - Thanedar 440kms/10hr Leave Delhi after breakfast. Check into Bajara Orchard Retreat. Spend the night in the retreat.
- Day 2: Thanedar Visit Paramjyotir Temple and Tani Jubbar Lake.
- Day 3: Thanedar - Sangla 165 kms/6hr Drive to Banjara Camp-Sangla. Spend the night in the camp.
- Day 4: Sangla River cross, rappel or angle for trout. Bonfire in the evening.
- Day 5: Sangla Visit Chitkul (3,450M) - 20kms from the camp. This is the last village on the old Indo-Tibetan trade route. Lunch along a glacier fed mountain stream.
- Day 6: Sangla - Kalpa - Sangla 49kms/2hr one way After breakfast, leave for Kalpa famous for its apple and chilgoza plantations. Kalpa offers the best panoramic view of the 6,000m high Kinner-Kailash range. Drive back to Sangla Camp for night stay.
- Day 7: Sangla - Thanedar 165km/6hr Check into Bajara Orchard Retreat. Spend the night in the retreat.
- Day 8: Thanedar - Delhi 440kms/10hr Leave after an early breakfast. Lunch enroute.