(5 nights 6 days)
A fast paced trip that gives you a great feel of what this region has to offer; apt for those who can't spare too much time but would still like to experience Ladakh.
- Day 1: Reach Leh (3505 M) Board a morning flight from Delhi to reach Leh by mid-morning. It is critical for acclimatization that those flying in spend the first 24- 36 hours without physical exertion. So the rest of the day is reserved for rest & relaxation. However, in the evening a short acclimatization walk around your hotel is recommended for enhancing the acclimatization process. Stay overnight in a hotel/resort in Leh or its outskirts.
- Day 2: Leh - visit select gompas, monuments & villages in Leh Valley Visit Shey, Thiksey & Hemis Gompas. Later enjoy a Ladakhi meal at a traditional home in Stok Village. Late afternoon and evening at leisure in Leh – see the palace & walk around in the bazaar.
- Day 3: Leh - excursion to Khardung La & drive on Srinagar Highway Does a stunning drive to the top of the mighty Khardung La. Enjoy great views, drive back past Leh all along the Indus on the Srinagar Highway till Nimmu – confluence point of the Indus & Zanskar rivers. Also see Magnetic Point, Patthar Sahib Gurudwara and the Hall of Fame – Army Museum. Evening at leisure.
- Day 4: Leh - Pangong Tso (4260 M) 150 km / 5 hrs Leave post breakfast on a great drive over Chang-La (5,475 M / 17950 ft) to reach the grand Pangong lake by late afternoon. Enjoy spectacular views of the mountains of the Changchenmo range to the north, their reflection shimmering in the ever changing blues and greens of the lakes brackish water. Stay overnight in tents at a campsite bang on the lake shore.
- Day 5: Pangong Tso - Leh 150 km / 5 hrs Enjoy your early morning cuppa by the lake shore. Post breakfast drive back to Leh. Spend sunset at Shanti Stupa for great views.
- Day 6: Leh - Fly Back Morning transfer to the airport in time for your return flight. PLEASE NOTE:
• June – early Sep, you could visit Tso Moriri instead of Pangong Tso. It is certainly the more off beat lake of the two. Also while going you would take the route going all along the Indus via Mahe Bridge; and while returning you take a route via Tso Kar to join the main highway, over the next 135 km till Leh, you actually experience the last part, and perhaps the most interesting one, of the Manali – Leh drive, including a grand crossing of Tanglang La.
• Another interesting twist would be to do a night in Nubra Valley and just do a full day excursion to Pangong Tso.