(5 nights 6 days)
A fast paced trip that gives you a great feel of what this region has to offer; apt for those who can't spare too much time but would still like to experience Ladakh.
- Day 1: Arrive Leh Airport Arrive at the Leh airport our company representative will greet you and help you in getting transferred to your pre-booked hotel relax and take a short walk around the area to acclimatize yourself. Stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 2: Leh Sightseeing Post breakfast at hotel enjoy sightseeing of Leh including Thiksey and Shey Monastery. Drive to Stok Village and enjoy a traditional Ladakhi meal in a village home, later see Stok Palace & Museum. Post lunch visit Hall of Fame, Magnetic point, Patthar Sahib Gurudwara and Nimmu – confluence point of Indus & Zanskar River. Stay overnight at the hotel.
- Day 3: Leh– Deskit-Hunder | 115kms / 4hrs) After breakfast at hotel proceed for a stunning drive over the mighty Khardung La (5602 M) into the verdant Nubra Valley. Reach there and check into your hotel rooms and have hot lunch. Relax for while and early evening we drive about 10 mins to reach the dunes of Hunder, here those interested can enjoy a ride on the Double Humped Camels. Be back in Deskit by 1630 hrs and reach the vantage point with a huge outdoor statue of the Sakhyamuni Buddha near Deskit Gompa to enjoy great sunset views. Stay overnight in the hotel.
- Day 4: Deskit-Pangong Tso (4260 M / 14000 ft) |175 kms / 6-7 hrs Leave after a leisurely breakfast to Pangong. At the foot of the pass on the other side we reach Tangse. Stop to enjoy your lunch in the Ladakhi style dining area of a local home-cum- guest house. Later carry on your drive and reach Pangong by early evening. Check into a Safari Tents bang on the lake shore at a campsite. Enjoy spectacular views of the mountains of the Changchenmo range to the north, their reflection shimmering in the ever changing blues and greens of the lakes brackish water. Stay overnight at the tent.
- Day 5: Pangong Tso– Hemis- Leh 165kms 5-6hrs Enjoy your early morning cuppa & a spectacular sunrise by the lake shore. On the drive back to Leh, take a detour at Karu to see the glorious Hemis Gompa atop a hill in the periphery of the Hemis National Park. Reach Leh by late afternoon. Rest a while and leave for the bazaar to shop for Thangkas, Chunky antique Silver Jewelry with Turquoise embellishments, mementos, Apricots & apricot based beauty products. Optionally spend sunset at Shanti Stupa for unforgettable views of Leh Valley & town. Enjoy a grand farewell dinner at one of the best selected restaurant. Return back to your hotel for the overnight stay.
- Day 6: Leh—Airport drop After breakfast at the hotel, get transferred to the Leh airport to board a flight for your onward journey. Tour ends here with lots of everlasting memories of Leh.