This is unarguably the finest way to visit Ladakh: you get to see all the high altitude lakes and unique landscapes (except Zanskar) that the region has to offer.
(11 nights 12 days)
- Day 1: Arrive Manali Alt 2050 Meters Reach Manali , you will be well received by our company representative. He will assist you in getting transferred to your pre-booked hotel. Have some rest and go for short walk around the area. Stay overnight at hotel.
How to Reach Manali
• Board a morning flight from Delhi to reach Kulu Airport around 8AM. Drive 1 ½ hrs to reach Manali.
• Board the morning Kalka Shatabdi to Chandigarh or take a morning flight from Mumbai. Reach Chandigarh around noon. Drive 320 km / 9 hrs to reach Manali at night.
• On the previous evening board a Volvo Coach from Delhi & reach Manali in the morning.
- Day 2: Manali-Jispa Alt 3150 M |140kms (5-6hrs) After an early breakfast get driven to Jispa by 0730 hrs (to avoid traffic jams at Rohtang) drive across Rohtang La and see the landscape changes drastically from lush greenery of Manali to barren landscape of Lahaul and Ladakh. Have lunch at any of the Dhabas at Kokhsar. Reach Jispa in the afternoon. Check into Safari Tents at a campsite, right besides the gushing Bhaga River. Stay overnight at the Tent.
- Day 3: Jispa - Sarchu 4290 M| 85kms (2-3hrs) Have breakfast and enjoy some walking/hiking in order to acclimatize yourself to the high altitude. Later have lunch and get driven to Sarchu. Reach there and check into your tents. Have dinner and stay overnight.
- Day 4: Sarchu– Leh Alt 3505 M| 260 km (6-7 hrs) Start an early day at 0730 hrs carrying packed lunch. Cross Lachalung La and reach Pang. Then drive through some amazingly stark terrain to reach the second highest motorable pass; Tanglang La. Reach Leh and check into your hotel and stay overnight.
- Day 5: Leh Sightseeing Post breakfast at hotel enjoy sightseeing of Leh including Thiksey and Shey Monastery. Drive to Stok Village and enjoy a traditional Ladakhi meal in a village home, later see Stok Palace & Museum. Spend sunset at Shanti Stupa for unforgettable views of Leh Valley & town. Stay overnight at the hotel.
- Day 6: Leh– Nubra Valley 3048 M Deskit | 116kms (5-6hrs) Have breakfast and leave by 0800- 0830 hrs on a stunning drive over the mighty Khardung La (5602 M) into the verdant Nubra Valley. Reach the base of the valley at Khalsar. Here the road forks & the broad valley get divided into two distinct parts by the Shyok & Nubra Rivers. The RHS branch goes all the way to Siachen Glacier. We move on the other branch and reach Deskit Village in the afternoon. Check into your hotel rooms and have hot lunch. Relax for a while and early evening we drive about 10 minutes to reach the dunes of Hunder, here those interested can enjoy a ride on the Double Humped Camels. Be back in Deskit by 1630 hrs and reach the vantage point with a huge outdoor statue of the Sakhyamuni Buddha near Deskit Gompa to enjoy great sunset views. Stay overnight in the hotel.
- Day 7: Deskit-Leh Leave after a leisurely breakfast, and drive back via Khalsar & over Khardung La to reach Leh in the afternoon. On arrival check into the hotel and later have a sumptuous hot meal. Reach Leh by late afternoon. Rest a while and leave for the bazaar to shop for Thangkas, Chunky antique Silver Jewelry with Turquoise embellishments, mementos, Apricots & apricot based beauty products. Stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 8: Leh– Pangong Tso (4260 M / 14000 ft) |150 kms / 5 hrs Leave after a leisurely breakfast on an incredible drive from Leh on the road to Manali past Shey & Thiksey. At Karu we take a detour and start ascending to cross the Ladakh range over Chang-La (5,475 M / 17950 ft). At the foot of the pass on the other side we reach Tangse. Stop to enjoy your lunch in the Ladakhi style dining area of a local home-cum- guest house. Later carry on your drive and reach Pangong by early evening. Check into a Safari Tents bang on the lake shore at a campsite. Enjoy spectacular views of the mountains of the Changchenmo range to the north, their reflection shimmering in the ever changing blues and greens of the lakes brackish water. Stay overnight at the tent.
- Day 9: Pangong Tso– Hemis- Leh 165kms 5-6hrs Enjoy your early morning cuppa & a spectacular sunrise by the lake shore. On the drive back to Leh, take a detour at Karu to see the glorious Hemis Gompa atop a hill in the periphery of the Hemis National Park. Return back to hotel and have some rest. Spend the vening as per your preference. Stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 10: Leh – Lamayuru – Kargil (2676M) 235 kms /7-8 hrs Leave after breakfast by 0730 hrs and drive towards Srinagar. On the way visit Hall of Fame , Magnetic Point , Pattharsahib Gurudwara and Nimmu (confluence point of river Zanskar and river Indus. Reach Lamayuru, enjoy the moonscape terrain also, enjoy lunch at Niranjana Restaurant. Carry on over Fotu La and short of Namika La to Kargil by late afternoon. Check into your rooms at the hotel and stay overnight.
- Day 11: Kargil – Srinagar (3140 M) 204 kms /7 hrs Check out after breakfast and leave on a drive from Kargil into the verdant landscapes of the Srinagar area. Drive via Drass, the second coldest place on the planet. You may stop for a while to see some landscape features made famous courtesy the Kargil conflict with Pakistan in 1999- Tolo- ling, Mushkoo Valley & Tiger Hill. Cross over the mighty Zoji La and soon you enter the verdant picture perfect meadow covered vales of the Sonamarg region. Stop here for a while to explore the area and also have lunch. Later resume the drive and reach Srinagar by late afternoon/early evening. Check into a room in a houseboat. Photo ops: green meadows of Sonamarg, Thajiwas Glacier, Kargil war famous peaks (Tiger, Tololing). Stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 12: Depart Srinagar Early morning at around 5:00 am visit floating market at Dal Lake by Shikara. Return back to the houseboat and have breakfast. Later check out and get dropped at the airport to board flight for your onward destination.