(8 nights 9 days)
This stunning journey begins in Manali and continues for nearly 500 km through the high Himalayas & over majestic passes to reach Leh. The suggested route ensures gradual acclimatization, so that you reach Leh in fine fettle to enjoy exploring the rest of Ladakh.
- Day 1: Arrive Manali Alt2050
Meters Reach Manali , you will be well received by our company representative. He will assist you in getting transferred to your pre-booked hotel. Have some rest
and go for short walk around the area. Stay overnight at hotel.
How to Reach Manali
• Board a morning flight from Delhi to reach Kulu Airport around 8AM. Drive 1 ½ hrs to reach Manali.
• Board the morning Kalka Shatabdi to Chandigarh or take a morning flight from Mumbai. Reach Chandigarh around noon. Drive 320 km / 9 hrs to reach Manali at
• On the previous evening board a Volvo Coach from Delhi & reach Manali in the morning.
- Day 2: Manali-Jispa Alt 3150 M |
140kms (5-6hrs) After an early breakfast get driven to Jispa by 0730 hrs (to avoid traffic jams at Rohtang) drive across Rohtang La and see the landscape changes
drastically from lush greenery of Manali to barren landscape of Lahaul and Ladakh. Have lunch at any of the Dhabas at Kokhsar. Reach Jispa in the afternoon. Check into
Safari Tents at a campsite, right besides the gushing Bhaga River. Stay overnight at the Tent.
- Day 3: Jispa - Sarchu 4290 M| 85kms (2-3hrs) Have breakfast and enjoy some walking/hiking in order to acclimatize yourself to the high altitude. Later have lunch and get driven to Sarchu. Reach there and check into your tents. Have dinner and stay overnight.
- Day 4: Sarchu– Leh Alt 3505 M| 260 km (6-7 hrs) Start an early day at 0730 hrs carrying packed lunch. Cross Lachalung La and reach Pang. Then drive through some amazingly stark terrain to reach the second highest motorable pass; Tanglang La. Reach Leh and check into your hotel and stay overnight.
- Day 5: Leh Sightseeing Post breakfast at hotel enjoy sightseeing of Leh including Thiksey and Shey Monastery. Drive to Stok Village and enjoy a traditional Ladakhi meal in a village home, later see Stok Palace & Museum. Post lunch leave for the bazaar to shop for Thangkas, Chunky antique Silver Jewelry with Turquoise embellishments, mementos, Apricots & apricot based beauty products. visit local market of Leh and enjoy shopping. Stay overnight at the hotel.
- Day 6: Leh– Nubra Valley 3048M Deskit | 116kms (5-6hrs) After breakfast, and leave by 0800- 0830 hrs on a stunning drive over the mighty Khardung La (5602 M) into the verdant Nubra Valley. Reach the base of the valley at Khalsar. Here the road forks & the broad valley get divided into two distinct parts by the Shyok & Nubra Rivers. The RHS branch goes all the way to Siachen Glacier. We move on the other branch and reach Deskit Village in the afternoon. Check into your hotel rooms and have hot lunch. Relax for a while and early evening we drive about 10 minutes to reach the dunes of Hunder, here those interested can enjoy a ride on the Double Humped Camels. Be back in Deskit by 1630 hrs and reach the vantage point with a huge outdoor statue of the Sakhyamuni Buddha near Deskit Gompa to enjoy great sunset views. Stay overnight in the hotel.
- Day 7: Deskit– Pangong Tso (4260 M / 14000 ft) | via Shyok|175kms|6-7hrs After breakfast get driven to Pangong. At the foot of the pass on the other side we reach Tangse. Stop to enjoy your lunch in the Ladakhi style dining area of a local home-cum- guest house. Later carry on your drive and reach Pangong by early evening. Check into a Safari Tents bang on the lake shore at a campsite. Enjoy spectacular views of the mountains of the Changchenmo range to the north, their reflection shimmering in the ever changing blues and greens of the lakes brackish water. Stay overnight at the tent.
- Day 8: Pangong Tso– Hemis- Leh 165kms 5-6hrs Enjoy your early morning cuppa & a spectacular sunrise by the lake shore. On the drive back to Leh, take a detour at Karu to see the glorious Hemis Gompa atop a hill in the periphery of the Hemis National Park. Reach Leh by late afternoon. Spend sunset at Shanti Stupa for unforgettable views of Leh Valley & town. Enjoy a grand farewell dinner at one of the best selected restaurant. Return back to your hotel for the overnight stay.
- Day 9: Leh—Airport drop After breakfast at the hotel, get transferred to the Leh airport to board a flight for your onward journey. Tour ends here with lots of everlasting memories of Leh.