(6 nights 7 days)
A compact trip covering the must-see travel delights of this beautiful Himalayan nation
- Day 1: Kathmandu - Nagarkot - 2 hrs Land at Kathmandu airport and drive to Nagarkot. Reach Nagarkot in the afternoon/ evening. Rest of the evening at leisure. Night stay at Nagarkot.
Nagarkot is a lively little hill station situated at 7200 ft. and only about an hour and a half drive away from Kathmandu. It is known for spectacular sunrise views of the Himalayas (weather permitting). It is lately become famous as one of the best spots to view Mount Everest as well as other snow-topped peaks of the Himalayan range of eastern Nepal. Spring is a particularly good time to visit when the surrounding valleys get filled with flowers.
- Day 2: Nagarkot - Bandipur 5-6 hrs Enjoy the spectacular sunrise view (weather permitting). After breakfast, drive to Bandipur via Kathmandu. Check into a guest house situated in town square. Rest of the evening at leisure, to walk around on cobbled stoned pathways – free from vehicular traffic seeing the stunning Newari architecture and the traditional lifestyle exemplified by the people, buildings & temples in this place. Of course, you would also get the opportunity to taste the famous Newari cuisine. Overnight stay in Bandipur.
- Day 3: Bandipur - Siddha Gupha - Bandipur (3-4 hr hike) Post breakfast, we go for a walk to see the Siddha Cave – Nepal’s largest one. It has amazing stalactite formations (please do carry a flashlight). You could also visit Patale Dwar –a nearby cave considered by experts to be a geological wonder (a wide variety of geological formations). Walk back to Bandipur with an appetite whetted to justify a sumptuous lunch. Rest the day at leisure. You could also walk around the town. It is a lovely little town with pretty much every house built in local Newari architecture.
- Day 4: Bandipur - Pokhara - 3 hrs Leave for Pokhara after breakfast. On arrival in Pokhara, check into rooms at a resort alongside the lovely Phewa Tal. Rest of the day at leisure. The resort itself it lovely and you could go for a short hike or bird watching trail. Overnight stay in Pokhara.
- Day 5: Pokhara Early morning drive to Sarangkot for beautiful sunrise views. Enjoy incredible sunrise views of the Annapurna Peaks glowing in hues of orange & gold in the rays of the morning sun simply worth getting up so early for. Drive back to hotel for breakfast. We go for a Pokhara valley tour later including David’s falls, Seti River Gorge, Tibetan Refugee camp and you can also go for boating in the lake. Overnight stay in Pokhra at Fishtail Lodge.
- Day 6: Pokhara - Kathmandu - 5 hrs Enjoy early morning views of the mountains. After an early breakfast, drive to Kathmandu. Check into your rooms on arrival and freshen up. In the afternoon, visit Pashupatinath temple. Rest of the evening at leisure.
- Day 7: Fly Back Drop at airport to fly back to your hometown.