(10 nights 11 days)
Nepal is a visual delight with green farmlands and high snow covered peaks all around you. This thrown in with excellent food, local architecture and trips in a wildlife National park, makes for a perfectly relaxing holiday.
- Day 1: Kathmandu - Bandipur - 4 hrs Land at Kathmandu airport around noon. Drive to Bandipur. Check into a guest house situated in town square. Rest of the evening at leisure, to walk around on cobbled stoned pathways – free from vehicular traffic seeing the stunning Newari architecture and the traditional lifestyle exemplified by the people, buildings & temples in this place. Of course, you would also get the opportunity to taste the famous Newari cuisine. Overnight stay in Bandipur at Old Inn.
- Day 2: Bandipur - Siddha Gupha - Bandipur (3 hr hike) Post breakfast, check out and go for a walk to see the Siddha Cave – Nepal’s largest one. It has amazing stalactite formations (please do carry a flashlight). You could also visit Patale Dwar –a nearby cave considered by experts to be a geological wonder. Walk back to Bandipur with an appetite whetted to justify a sumptuous lunch. Rest the day at leisure. You could also walk around the town. It is a lovely little town with pretty much every house built in local Newari architecture.
- Day 3: Bandipur - Pokhara - 3 hr drive Leave for Pokhara after breakfast. On arrival in Pokhara, check into rooms at a resort alongside the lovely Phewa Tal. Rest of the day at leisure. The resort itself it lovely and you could go for a short hike or bird watching trail. Overnight stay in Pokhara.
- Day 4: Pokhara Early morning drive to Sarangkot for beautiful sunrise views. Enjoy incredible sunrise views of the Annapurna Peaks glowing in hues of orange & gold in the rays of the morning sun simply worth getting up so early for. Drive back to hotel for breakfast. We go for a Pokhara valley tour later including Davids falls, Seti River Gorge, Tibetan Refugee camp and you can also go for boating in the lake. Overnight stay in Pokhra at Fishtail Lodge.
- Day 5: Pokhara - Chitwan National Park - 5 hrs After breakfast, leave for a scenic drive to Chitwan National park. Check into resort on arrival. Evening at leisure. You could go for a jungle walk in the evening (if time permits). Night stay in resort.
- Day 6: Chitwan National Park Today you will have a full day jungle excursion including an Elephant back safari, canoeing, a Jungle walk, a visit to the Elephant breeding centre, a sunset tour, and an ethnic village to experience a different culture.
- Day 7: Chitwan- Kathmandu- 5-6 hrs Leave for Kathmandu after breakfast. Check into a hotel on arrival. You could go for shopping in the afternoon.
- Day 8: Kathmandu - Nagarkot - 2-3 hrs Drive to Nagarkot around mid- morning. Reach Nagarkot in the afternoon/ evening. Nagarkot offers beautiful views of the Himalayas. You could go for a hike in the surrounding hills. Rest of the evening at leisure. Night stay at Nagarkot.
- Day 9: Nagarkot - Kathmandu - 2-3 hrs Enjoy early morning views of the mountains. After breakfast, drive to Kathmandu. En route visit Patan Durbar square. Rest of the day at leisure in Kathmandu. Night stay in hotel.
- Day 10: Kathmandu After breakfast, half day sightseeing tour of Pashupatinath temple, Bouddhanath and Syambhunath Stupa. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight in hotel at Kathmandu.
- Day 11: Fly back Drop at airport to fly back to your hometown.