(4 nights 5 days)
A short getaway that is sure to leave you feeling refreshed and exhilarated and asking for more
- Day 1: Kathgodam - Jhaltola - 7 hrs Reach Kathgodam either early morning or around mid-day. Drive to Jhaltola. Reach Jhaltola late evening and settle into your room. Evening around a bonfire. Night stay at Jhaltola.
Jhaltola estate’s Himalayan views stretch from Nanda Ghunti through Trishul, Mrigthugni, Maiktoli, Nanda Devi, Nand East, Panwali Dwar, Nanda Kot, Nanda Khat, Nanda Bhanar, Lapsa Dhura, Raj Rambha, Panchachuli, and some Nepal Himalayan peaks. It is located amidst about 1000 acres of mixed forests. Last year, more than 150 species of birds were identified and photographed here. At 1700 to 2600 meters ASL, Jhaltola is a perfect habitat for birds.
- Day 2: Jhaltola A half day hike to Lamkeshwar. This is a 3 km uphill hike to the temple. It offers fabulous 360 degrees view. Return to retreat in time for lunch. Rest after lunch, else you could try your hand at Rock craft (rappelling, rock climbing, tyrolean traverse and Burma bridge). Evening around a bonfire. You could try star gazing. Night stay in retreat.
- Day 3: Jhaltola - Sonapani (2000M) Reach Kathgodam by train. Drive to Sonapani. On arrival, after a hot cup of tea/ coffee, check into your rooms and freshen up. Full day at leisure at the retreat. Evening around a bonfire. Night stay in retreat.
- Day 4: Sonapani Breakfast at leisure after which we drive to Mukteshwar. Mukteshwar is a quaint little town. We start our hike back to Sonapani from here. This is a lovely hike through pine forest. Sonapani is also a good area for bird watching. Enjoy a packed lunch in the forest. Back to the retreat early evening. Enjoy the evening around a bonfire. Night stay in retreat.
- Day 5: Sonapani - Drop off at Kathgodam railway station - 3-4 hrs hrs Drop to Kathgodam railway station to take overnight Ranikhet express to Delhi or the afternoon train back to Delhi.