(12 nights 13 days)
One of the most beautiful treks of Sikkim; the trail takes you to a high altitude lake. The hike is through dense Rhododendron forest and high boulders, which poses a challenge and rewards you with unsurpassed views of Sikkim and Bhutan Himalayan peaks.
- Day 1: Delhi - Gangtok Arrive in Bagdogra and drive to Gangtok, about 124 km or approx 4 hrs drive. This is a scenic and winding
drive, takes you along the River Teesta, which leads to "Gangtok" the capital of Sikkim.
We ful ll entry formalities at Rangpo en route and continue the drive to Gangtok. Arrive Gangtok by
evening check-in to hotel.
- Day 2: Gangtok After breakfast visit to the World famous Rumtek Dharma Chakra Centers Monastery, situated 24kms from
Gangtok. This is the headquarters of the present seat of His Holiness, the Gyalwa Karmapa, head of the
Kagyud Sect. This Monastery is said to be replica of the monastery at Tsurphu, Tibet with its traditional
architecture, exquisite paintings, intricate woodwork, housing treasures of manuscripts and icons. Rumtek is
a splendid example of Tibetan monastic art. On the way back visit Do-Drul Chorten Stupa: An awe inspiring
stupa, encircled by prayer wheels which you may spin while walking around, clockwise only, to o er the
prayer " Om Mane Padme Hum Re". Nearby, simple housed are two giant statues of the Lord Buddha and
Tibetology: A unique institution, devoted to Tibet logy the only of its kind in the world where is displayed
perhaps the largest collection to Tibetan artifacts outside Tibet. A short acclimatization walk in the
afternoon. Night stay in hotel.
- Day 3: Gangtok - Lachen (2750M) - 123 km, 6-7 Hours Drive by jeep passing through Tashi View Point, Kabi Lungtsok, Phodong Monastery, Mangan &
Chungthang. Overnight stay in a lodge at Lachen.
- Day 4: Lachen - Tallem (3468M) - 5-6 hours walk After breakfast, drive towards Zema (20 mins). The trek starts from Zema to Tallem along the Zemu River
towards west. The going is usually slow as the path travels through water logged Rhododendron thickets
and fallen tree trunks. Lunch at Tallem where we camp for the night. Afternoon free for excursion.
- Day 5: Tallem - Jakthang (3176M) - 4-5 hrs Trek from Tallem to Jakthang. The route is a picturesque passing through at least twenty di erent kinds of
Rhododendron varying in colours from white to the deepest red and in height from trees of 6m to scrubs of
not more than a foot. Lunch at Camp in Jakthang.
- Day 6: Jakthang - Yabuk (3978M) - 4-5 hrs The path to Yabuk climbs through the forest and after about three hours of steady walking you reach the
snout of the Zemu glacier. Lunch at Camp. In the afternoon free for exploring the area.
- Day 7: Rest Camp - Green Lake (5050M) - 5 hrs Today's is the most beautiful walk of the entire trek. Mt Siniolchu, Simvo, Twin Peaks, Nepal Peak and The
Khangchendzonga are some of the giants that dominate the horizon. Camp at Green Lake Plain.
- Day 8: Green Lake Rest day at Green Lake. Spend the day lazing in the sun watching the panoramic view of the great
mountains of Sikkim. A climb for about an hour or so to a hill behind the Green Lake will take you to a high
point that o ers the grandest view of the Mt Khangchendzonga divide and the distant Mt. Chomolhari
- Day 9: Green Lake - Yabuk - 7 hrs The trail back is mostly down hill to Yabuk. Camp overnight.
- Day 10: Yabuk - Tallem - 4-5 Hours walk
- Day 11: Tallem - Lachen - 3-4 hours walk
- Day 12: Lachen to Gangtok - Drive to Gangtok, O/N stay at hotel
- Day 13: Gangtok/Bagdogra Morning transfer to Bagdogra, time to catch ight for Delhi/Kolkata.