(5 nights 6 days)
Around monsoon time each year, a little valley up in the hills of Uttarakhand opens up and blooms with thousands of flowers filling the entire valley. This gene pool is called Valley of flowers National Park situated next to Nanda Devi National Park. Both the parks are a part of Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve (a part of UNESCO World network of biosphere reserves). Apart from flowers, the park is home to a variety of fauna and avi- fauna including tahr, snow leopard, musk deer, red fox, Himalayan black bear, Himalayan Golden Eagle, Griffon Vulture, Snow Partridge, Himalayan Snow-cock etc.
- Day 1: Haridwar - Rudraprayag - 6 hrs Reach Haridwar by train by 1200 hrs. Drive to Rudraprayag where we stay the night.
- Day 2: Rudraprayag - Joshimath - 5-6 hrs Leave for Joshimath after a leisurely breakfast. Reach Joshimath for lunch and check into guest house the evening. Rest of the day can be spent at leisure and preparation for the trek.
- Day 3: Joshimath - Govindghat - Ghanghariya - 45 minutres drive and 4-5 hrs hike Drive to Govindghat; the starting point of the trek. Hike up to Ghaghariya through a picturesque trail. Night stay in tents.
- Day 4: Ghanghariya - Valley of Flowers - Ghaghariya - 10 kms/5 hrs This is the most exciting day of the trek as you head to the Valley of Flowers early in the morning.
- Day 5: Ghangharia - Govindghat - Rudraprayag - 4 hrs hike and 4-5 hrs drive Hike back to Govindghat and drive to Rudraprayag.
- Day 6: Rudraprayag - Haridwar - 6 hrs Drop at Haridwar railway station.