April 12th - 20th, 2014
(8 nights 9 days)
THE TRIP IS A PREFECT BLEND OF WILDLIFE SAFARIS, JUNGLE WALKS, HOMESTAY AND HIGH HIMALAYAS VIEWS.
- Day 1: Ramnagar- Corbett- 45 minutes Reach Ramnagar in the morning by train. Drive to a Jungle Retreat in the peripheral forests of Corbett. Check into a Cottage. Freshen up and later go for an afternoon safari or the early evening Elephant ride.
- Day 2: Corbett Another safari in the Jungle today. In the afternoon, you could for a walk in the jungle or go bird watching. Evening at leisure in the retreat. Night stay in retreat.
- Day 3: Corbett- Binsar- 5-6 hrs Leave after breakfast to reach Binsar by afternoon. Check into the cottage located within the Sanctuary. Visit the zero point in the afternoon else hike up to a local village close by. Night stay in cottage.
- Day 4: Binsar Walk up to the zero point. Leave very early in the morning so that you can reach the top just before sunrise. Enjoy a spectacular sunrise view. Hike back to retreat for breakfast. After breakfast, we go for another walk in the jungles of Binsar sanctuary. Afternoon at leisure. In the evening, we go for another hike/ drive to a ridge for spectacular views at sundown.
- Day 5: Binsar- Jhaltola- 3 hrs After breakfast, drive to Jhaltola. Reach Jhaltola in the afternoon and settle into your room. Jhaltola estate’s Himalayan views stretch from Nanda Ghunti through Trishul, Mrigthugni, Maiktoli, Nanda Devi, Nanda East, Panwali Dwar, Nanda Kot, Nanda Khat, Nanda Bhanar, Lapsa Dhura, Raj Rambha, Panchachuli, and some Nepal Himalayan peaks. It is located amidst about 1000 acres of mixed forests. Last year, more than 150 species of birds were identified and photographed here. At 1700 to 2600 meters ASL, Jhaltola is a perfect habitat for birds.
- Day 6: Jhaltola A half day hike to Lamkeshwar. This is a 3 km uphill hike to the temple. It offers fabulous 360 degrees view. Return to retreat in time for lunch. Rest after lunch, else you could try your hand at Rock craft (rappelling, rock climbing, tyrolean traverse and Burma bridge). Evening around a bonfire. You could try star gazing. Night stay in retreat.
- Day 7: Jhaltola- Sonapani- 4 hrs Rest of the evening around a bonfire. Night stay in retreat.
Sonapani is a tiny Hamlet close to Mukteshwar. It has an interesting history. There used to be an old natural spring perceived to have medicinal properties and hence the village was named, Sonapani. Some British officers happened to drink water from here and took to it immediately. Thereafter, water from the spring was supplied to the officers of nearest army garrison on ponies and horses. One of these officers was the decorated Captain Kushal Singh Burathoki. On his retirement, he was given a piece of land of his choice. He chose this land and named it Sonapani Estate. He built a stone structure here and spent his days farming and hunting. Today, the stone structure serves as office and staff quarters of the retreat you would be staying in. The retreat itself is flanked by Pine, Oak and Rhododendrons forest. And of course not to miss is the fantastic view of the Himalayan peaks. There are also orchards of apricot, apple, plum and peach.
- Day 8: Sonapani Breakfast at leisure after which we drive to Mukteshwar. Mukteshwar is a quaint little town. We start our hike back to Sonapani from here. This is a lovely hike through pine forest. Sonapani is also a good area for bird watching. Enjoy a packed lunch in the forest. Back to the retreat early evening. Enjoy the evening around a bonfire. Night stay in retreat.
- Day 9: Sonapani- Kathgodam drop- 3 hrs We come to the end of the trip and head back to Kathgodam railway station from where we take the afternoon train back to Delhi.
Cost per person: INR 39500/-
1. Accommodation on twin share basis.
2. Meals from breakfast on day 1 to lunch on day 9.
3. Land transfers from Kathgodam- Kathgodam.
4. A Banjara rep to accompany you throughout the trip.
5. Services of a guide for walks as per itinerary.
6. 2 jeep safaris and jungle walks in Corbett National Park.
7. All currently applicable taxes (as levied by Govt. of India till Dec 2012).
Cost does not include:
1. Any En route/ personal expenses.
2. Any expenses incurred due to factors beyond our control like a natural calamity/ man-made calamity.
3. Any air/rail fares.
4. Bottled mineral water (Aquaguard purified water is available at all properties).