(8 nights 9 days)
A compact trip with a clear focus on the must-see sites & locales in India’s northeastern-most Himalayan state of Arunachal Pradesh. You also get to enjoy the unique, bespoke & luxurious lifestyle from the bygone colonial era, during an en route stay in a tea estate heritage bungalow.
- Day 1: Jorhat Arrive at Jorhat airport in the afternoon. Drive to a colonial era bungalow in the Sangsua Tea Estate. This heritage building was built in 1903 as the residence for the British General Manager. Spend late afternoon & evening at leisure enjoying the unique, laidback & luxurious lifestyle of an era gone by; and the exquisitely beautiful verdant natural ambience all around you.
- Day 2: Jorhat - Nameri 215 km / 7 hrs drive Check out after a leisurely breakfast and drive to reach the exotic & pristine Nameri National Park by late afternoon. Check into huts/tents at Nameri Eco Camp, located within the sanctuary. Freshen up and if time permits you can do a walk in the forest.
- Day 3: Nameri Dirang (1675 M) 185 km / 6- 7 hrs Leave after breakfast and drive towards Arunachal Pradesh. En route stop to see the Tippi Orchid Center. Reach Dirang by late afternoon. Later do a bit of sightseeing: Dirang Monpa tribal villages, the Hot Water Springs and Kalachakra Monastery. Overnight stay in a hotel.
- Day 4: Dirang Tawang (3050 M) 145 kms / 5 hrs Drive to Tawang crossing over Sela Pass (4270 M) - the highest motorable pass in the Northeast. At the pass walk up to a vantage point & check out the turquoise hued Sela Lake. In the evening visit the
local market and enjoy a walk around Tawang town. Overnight in a hotel.
- Day 5: Tawang Visit the famous 400 years old Tawang Gompa and interact with the lamas (monks). Later visit the beautiful Shungetser Lake - popularly known as Madhuri Lake since a Bollywood movie song featuring Madhuri Dixit was shot here. Also visit Pankang Teng Tso – another fetching heaven. Overnight in a hotel.
- Day 6: Tawang Bumla Border Visit Full day excursion to the Indo- China border at Bumla, driving through some scintillatingly rugged & picturesque terrain. Located at 15000 ft there is also a strong likelihood of coming across snow, even in the summer months.
- Day 7: Tawang Bomdila (2440 M) 180 kms /7 hrs Leave after a leisurely breakfast to reach Bomdila by evening. Later visit the Gompa & the local market. Overnight stay in a hotel room.
- Day 8: Bomdila - Tezpur 160 km / 5 hrs After breakfast drive back to Tezpur. Check in to your room at a hotel. Later visit the ruins and remains of Agnigarh where an immortal romance blossomed between Usha – daughter of the demon king Banasura, and Aniruddha – grandson of Lord Krishna. Also visit Cole Park where you can enjoy boating. Overnight in rooms at a hotel.
- Day 9: Tezpur Jorhat Airport 140 km / 3 hr drive Post breakfast transfer to the airport to board your return flight